Thursday, May 11, 2006

A couple of things....

At a LAN party during Pascha weekend, I got a chance to talk to my friend Chris about his possibly rejoining the Orthodox church. Well, joining it for the first time would be more accurate. His grandparents were Ukranian and they were Orthodox, his parents were unable to find an Orthodox church when they got here to the states, so they went Catholic. Ergo, Chris grew up Roman Catholic. Ergo, he got frustrated and burned out on Christianity to some degree. But the RC church did do the job for him for a long time, and aparently his faith was never totally gone.

So a few months back, when the party was long since planned and the date was set, he drops it to me that "I'm thinking of going back to the Orthodox Church". Just plain out of nowhere.

So I go to this LAN party (yes it was on Pascha weekend, it was important that I go. I made up for it by doing Palm Sunday in Jordanville), and we only actually get to talk about it for five minutes, but that's enough. He's actually already made up his mind pretty much to do it. So I gave him an Icon, and the only cross I had on me, which was the one I got baptized in. Which I figured, if you ever do give that away, your best friend becoming Orthodox is an appropriate occasion.

So get an E-mail from him after the party, he's in contact with the ROCOR church in Cincinnati, and his family wants to go with him. Wow. Awsome. Wow.

So I ordered a new cross, and it came in quickly. I shopped at Gallery Byzantium.

This is the cross I bought.



It's more or less identical to the one my Godfather Alexey gave me, except this one is sterling silver.

Havn't been to church for a month. One thing or another. The LAN party, then the next weekend I was moving, the the next week was finals. Ugh. But it's all over, and I'm going again this weekend.

Alexei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home