Wednesday, September 08, 2004

It's all politics

"The politics of the Earth are fire and ice, which suffer no rivals unanswered. The politics of heaven are those of fire alone, which suffers no rivals at all"

Fictional quote, I just made it up. But it seemed highly appropriate. I admit I am unable to understand how anyone could choose Bush over Kerry. Certainly Kerry is corrupt, but so is Bush, and to me it seems patently obvious that of the two, Kerry has fewer friends in the energy industry, and it is at least possible that he will not try to expand the unholy powers of The USAPATRIOT act, and perhaps even allow the existing powers to expire as they were originally written to do.

Our freedoms chiseled away. Oh well, they would be whomever gets elected. No president of this "nation" will ever be a Christian King, the form of rulership ordained by God. Which means that though there is a sincere majority that believes itself to be Christian, it will not be an emulation of Gods kingdom.

I feel such a fool. I feel a fool for caring. For getting wrapped up in the struggle, because it's all a show. Republican and or Democrat, the differences do exist, but they change precious little for all too many.

Children starve, and I make jokes about Bush.

We have a privatized health care system unlike every other first world nation, and I crack wise about what a Nazi John Ashcroft is.

The full magnitude of the problems that I ought to be doing something about, and don't, are staggering enough. Why do I look for other people to hold up as bad guys? Pride I imagine. I like to think that I'm smart enough to spot things that other people don't see, or if they see them, I feel particularly clever if I articulate it in a novel way that draws a laugh. Oh well...

If someone asked me why I even give a damn about politics it would be a good question. But my response wouldn't be so good. "Because I give a damn about the things that are going to happen to me" I spit back, and feel justified saying it. But who is on my prayer list? How active is my prayer life even for myself? True, I did just move apartments not long ago, and there is some allowance of time for setting my living quarters back up, but how lazy must I be not to prioritize the spiritual wellbeing of others above getting my cable modem hooked up?

Well, the simple answer is that the cable modem is a hassle to live without. The prayer list I could type up and print off any old time, so naturally there's no particular reason it has to be done right this second. I've been going to bed so late of late that I'm too tired to do the full blown prayers.

So what do I do to be doing the right thing? How now shall I live?

-Look out for others as best I can, and never forget their needs.
-Give ear and concern to events of the world, but recognize that they are outside my control and that as a Christian I am watched over and protected.
-Wage furious defense of the Orthodox doctrines, but give no more than your solicited opinion about matters of lesser importance. To do more is, perhaps, to gossip.
-Set yourself about the Earthly tasks your Heavenly Father has given you, and forsake them not, for they are Holy in that they are given you from Above.
-Get thee to bed now, it is nearly 3:30AM.

Alexey the Sinner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home