Friday, March 23, 2007

I went on a rant

I went on a rant at my other web journal. It's laden (if not laced) with profanity, so I'll just summarize it here.

I wrote it in response to a cnn.com article about what a big hardship it is going to be for college women now that the cost of birth control pills is going to triple because the government isn't reimbursing the drug companies anymore for selling them cheap.

It pissed me off. So I went on a rant. The long and short of it was that nobody has a right to birth control in the first place, so hearing people whine about how much money it was going to cost them to have consequence free sex made me want to break something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justinian said...

I do miss reading your posts. I just now got back to checking my regular blog list, and noticed that in your previous post I got mentioned.

So that I don't stay anonymous, My name is Justinian.

You and I think a lot alike, and have some of the same struggles; hence, it means a lot to me to know that there's someone else out there who is 1) young 2) Orthodox 3) single 4) intelligent 5) not willing to run join a monastery just yet.

Specifically about this post: This is one of the things that drives me insane about modern "culture" (which, if you listen to Fr. Pat Reardon, modernity is actually out to destroy cultures) is precisely this idea that people should be able to behave anyway they want, and have no results from their actions. Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time--which is certainly true, but doing anything and expecting nothing to happen seems equally bonkers to me.

But these, my friend, are bonkers times.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home