Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Well...it didn't work.

A second ago, I wrote a frustration fueled rant. I deleeted it, this is not the place for those kinds of things. But I will give a brief report.


It didn't work. There were no unmarried girls my age (or close to it) at the Antiochian church. In theory the priest has a daughter, but I never saw her in four visits to the place.

To compound matters, I basically don't know anyone there. How then did I make my observations? Well...the young ones were obviously young, the older ones were likewise. And the married ones all had rings. Believe me, I looked. Having been non-consensually celibate for years now...I've developed a laser like ability to spot a wedding band at a hundred paces. My eyes involuntarily seek out a woman's left hand when I meet her for the first time.

...God that was pathetic to write that. But, in the name of honesty, I feel compelled to leave it there. It is, after all, the truth.

Lord God Almighty of heaven, help me find what will set me at peace and bring me joy. I don't want to be a monk.

-Alexion

1 Comments:

Blogger Justinian said...

My sympathies and prayer, my friend. Although, it is something of a comfort to know that someone else is having trouble finding single 20something Orthodox ladies.

We just have to keep looking, and keep praying. Even if that's not what we want do be doing...

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home