Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Goodness...

...Look at that last post! I do seem to be having a shitty month. Maybe I should go to church again. It's been....however long. I think I've technically excommunicated myself at this point. Wait. that only takes 3 weeks with no communion. Which, come to think of it, was about how often I was getting it before summer when I kind of stopped going to church because of my summer job.

The entire idea of this experiment, the blog I mean, was to be totally, and even uninhibitedly honest. To do so where other Orthodox Christians could read it, and see what they though of it.

But I don't see anyone else doing it. Aren't we accountable for everything we do before God? If that's the case, why aren't other people doing what I'm doing?

Honesty is supposed to be good. But when you tell people the truth, and they don't like what they hear, you don't get credit for being honest, you get ditched. So the take away message seems to be, don't be honest.
Nah. That's just cynical.


If I'm supposed to be honest about what I'm feeling and thinking...and that honesty reveals things that make people not want to help me...how am I supposed to get any better?

2 Comments:

Blogger Justinian said...

I, for one, appreciate the honesty.

My blog is designed to be a sounding board for thoughts on faith and it relates to my own life; its not necessarily confessional, although, because of the way blogging works, confessions seems to creep in from time to time.

Keep on posting, Alexios. I read regularly.


Pray for me, a sinner,
-Justinian

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog very much. Honesty is always appreciated by me. I considered doing exactly what you did; Create a blog and release it in the seedy underbelly of mankind that is the Internet. Where all, including other Orthodox could read and comment on my thoughts.

When it came down to it, I chickened out. Partially because the other Orthodox I have communicated with on various message boards seem completely hung up on the 3 "cannonical churches" in America - which truthfully are better described as "Churches that wish to share in communion" -or- as I call it "The Homosapian Joy club".

I am a convert (from Deism) and while my Priest's apostolic succession is entirely legitimate, we are not part of the big 3. After I read a post on an Orthodox board about how "laughter is sinful" I completely gave up the idea of doing a blog with an Orthodox theme. I am cynical as hell, I know. It doesn't detract from my interest in our mission Church or study of Eastern Orthodoxy - even if some prideful person wants to call me a "schismatic" for not belonging to their group.

People and the stupid shit they do are what kept me from God for the first three decades of my life. I will not allow people to get in the way anymore..

Anyway, Please keep writing when you get the chance and feel like it. There are plenty of us that enjoy reading it. In my case, I get to blog vicariously by reading yours.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home