Monday, June 27, 2005

Drunk.

I'm drunk right now.

Well...
It's the downslope, not the height of my intoxication. I had two fairly heavy screwdrivers, or worse, maybe they weren't. Regardless, I had a signifigant quantity of alcohol in a short period of time and I acted like an ass. Fortunately, what I am told (and I was not anywhere near drunk enough to not remember what happened, I was just very loose) , nothing I did was obnoxious, or irritating, it just got old after a little while. So, thankfully, I didn't actually make a bad impression on anyone. And, it shoudl be said, I've not done this in a really long time. And I also wasn't drinking alone.

It's some hours later now. I went to bed early, at least for me. Not later than 10:PM. I woke up around an hour ago. It's that paradoxic effect where you are very alert, and not at all tired, after having slept immediately following moderately heavy drinking. It's the dehydration. So I'm drinking copious amounts of water in an effort to both get back to sleep, and avert a hangover. I've never really had one, not like I've seen in others. With the raging headache, sensitivity to light, etc... I just feel really acidic. It's been so long since the last time this happened, I'd actually forgotten the consequences of getting drunk. The physiological ones anyway.

By far, the potentially worst consequence of this drinking episode, however rare, is going to be dealing with my dad. He experienced a computer failure tonight, and tomorow he's going to expect me to make everything better, very quickly. He opened an e-mail with a virus in it. Now, we have redundant systems in the office, so he'll be alright, but no ammount of anti-virus software can protect him from opening a bogus e-mail...if the virus is nasty enough. If it's not a total killer virus then the antivirus can clean it out and fix things, provided the worm hasn't irrevocably corrupted something, which it may well have.

I appreciate that if I bring the result of my drinking into work with me, I'm responsable for that. However, if, say, I'm just a little slowed down, and otherwise functional, or perhaps I need lots of water or an asperin, but my work isn't impeeded, I won't stop hearing about it probably ever.

It's one trait my parents both share. If you screw up on their time you never hear the end of it. Oh, in the end I'll be OK. I've even got an excuse to make sure I get the heck out of the office well before late afternoon, I have a paycheck to deposit. But I've managed to ramble on again in yet another post...

I suppose I should get to reconstructing my pay record for him. If I manage that it'll counteract any hedache I might or might not have tomorow.

God willing.

Alexi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home