Friday, May 04, 2007

Every time.

It happens every time. When I come to write here, I'm always in turmoil. And I always start by dumping something highly toxic onto this page and then revamping it into something civilized.


Well, let me lay it out for you.

I'm screamingly fed up with it. I'm ragingly angry and frustrated and I'm beginning to hate being Orthodox.


This is why: I'm alone. It sucks more than I can describe. I don't get to be with anyone, because there just aren't any Orthodox girls even roughly my age. So, I have to go through life without a companion because if I marry outside the church, I get excommunicated, which means no more sacraments, which means I go to hell.

Wonderful situation eh?


I'm frustrated and I'm angry and I'm having trouble dealing with YET ANOTHER YEAR of being single, celibate and lonely. I want it to end. And it is just not happening for me.

I'm having trouble wanting to love God. Intellectually I know God has nothing to do with my situation. It's not His doing that there are very few Orthodox in America. It's not His fault. And the rules are the rules but...

Practically everyone I know got married before they became Orthodox. It was easier for them.



I can't even write coherently right now. God, pelase, end this. One way or the other, end this please. I can't do this. I can't go on like this. I've been doing it for too long. You Yourself said that it is not good for the man to be alone. So end this. In the name of Your pronounced Will for the human race end this aloneness that I am aflicted with. Send me someone, please, because I can't do this alone anymore.


Incoherently yours, Alexei

3 Comments:

Blogger Fr. Andrew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Fr. Andrew said...

Most Orthodox churches permit marriage between Orthodox Christians and non-Orthodox Christians, so long as they are baptized and believe in the Trinity. It's not an ideal situation, of course, but it can work.

Perhaps you could look into some ministry opportunities which might bring you closer to other Orthodox your age, such as being a camp counselor, missionary, campus minister, etc.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Priest Raphael said...

I would also add, "think long term." My parish DOES have eligble young ladies, BUT I hestitate to introduce you when you seem like your in such a rush. That would intimidate them. But rather, build relationships with all kinds of people, single women AND men, and married couples. These things take time and require patience, and trust in God that He IS present and concerned for you.

Also, Alex my oringinal advice was not that you just come to our church, but that you (w/ Batiushka's blessing) visit ALL the local churches. Maybe one visit to a different church a month, and make the rounds. Become freinds with the priests and matushkas. ALL of us want to see our fine young people such as yourself, happily married. We will help make connections. BUT you must be patient.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home