Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In the future...

Mike, when you leave a comment, leave some way for me to communicate with you directly. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but I don't want to have to change the settings on this Blog so that only people with blogger profiles can leave a comment.


Let be say a few things about your coment real quickly: One, it's tone and tennor were arrogant to my ears. You're a fresh convert. For you, everything is in crystal clear high definition focus. I imagine the inertia of your crismation will carry you for years to come, as It did for me.

If you've read the previous few entries in this Blog, then you're aware that I'm going through a spiritual ugly patch of my life. Admonishing me to jump back in and go read some books by the saints is really, really, really not the way to go about getting me back. I don't like being lectured to. Especially not by a new convert, high on the Holy Spirit, who enjoys the comforts of having a wife.

I'm not saying this because your post wasn't what I wanted to hear, I'm saying it because it made me even angrier with religion, the church, and faith in general, just by reading it.

As I explained in previous posts, it's not that I don't understand ALL OF THAT already. It's that I don't want to go back. And people don't do things they don't want to do.

I'm no deep philosopher, but the idea of preaching at someone in pain...it seems foolish.

"Buck up, go back to the drug you were taking for all those years and the pain will go away again..."

Swing and a miss, MikeP.

-Alexion

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Did I really come across that way? Preaching? I fucking hate to hear that.

I absolutely called it wrong. Please accept my apology; It will not happen again because I am done here.

Good luck with whatever it is you are trying to do.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home