Saturday, October 09, 2004

Finally....

Going to church tomorow. And, theoretically, Fr. John knows (explictly) that I want to do confession and communion. There was a little miscommunication on my part last time. I told him I was coming, but not that I wanted to partake of the sacrament. And then I stood there in church like a dolt while he got ready for the service, and didn't tell him I was there. Yeah..better planning this time.


So my sister aparently has a boyfriend. Hold a straight face Alex, this is, porportedly, real. Seriously, no offense meant to her at all, I do love her, but the girl is visious. A recounting of the dialouge between me and my mom when she told me about this is, perhpas, amusing enough to show up here.

Me: "Hello?"
Mom: "Hi. Did I wake you up?"
Me: "Um, no, not really. What's up?"
--here occured a brief discussion about my possible impending purchase of a shotgun, and my taking up the hobby of skeet shooting.
Mom: "Oh also, it occured to me, you've never been to one of your brothers track meets in Reno have you?"
Me: "Ummm, no. I never have."
Mom: "Want to go to one in January?"
--here occured a breif discussion of logistics and a promise from me not to forget.
Mom: "Oh, also, Kindall's coming for a visit next Sunday."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Mom: "Yes she is (happy sounding). She's brining her boyfriend. (tried unsuccsfully to sneak this in)
Me: (pregnant pause) "...Thats rich."
Mom: (immediately) "I know."
Me: "It's just that I can't immagine anyone actually wanting to be with..no, no check that. Because Tim put up with Andrea for years so I admit it's at least possible...(disbelief) but I just can't immagine what kind of guy..."
Mom: "I know."
Me: "That'd be like wanting to date a great white shark" .
Mom: "I know. She says that he's very quiet, but firm."
Me: "Um... .... ... Ok...."
Mom: "He's been to Iraq once already and he's aparently going back soon, which means he could get killed in the near future."
Me: (a lot more sobre, I had assumed he was another cadet) "Yeah, that's true."


And it is, but I still have a good deal of trouble trying to fathom what kind of guy would attempt to form a serious relationship with the most vendictive person I have ever met.

God forgive me my judgmentalness. I'm just trying to figure this one out.

Alexey the Sinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home